We (Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival Inc.) will take all reasonable and appropriate steps, as outlined below, to protect your privacy in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Principles contained in that Act.
Collection of personal information
We will tell you:
- Why we need to collect your personal information
- What personal information is needed to access our products and services
- If your personal information will be given to our contractors or agents to perform activities on our behalf.
We will not collect unnecessary personal information.
Use of personal information
- Use your personal information to help you access our products and services
- Gather the information for data analysis
- Remove personally identifiable characteristics, unless you have given us specific consent.
- Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other person or organisation unless:
- We have your consent to do so
- We are required by law or authorised to do so under a law
- There are grounds to believe disclosure will prevent a threat to life or health
- That person or organisation is providing a service to council, and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles
- We are of the opinion that another government agency or authority is more capable of assisting, or has the appropriate jurisdiction to assist with your request.
Security of personal information
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the secure storage of your personal information we collect
- Strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access
- Monitor transmissions sent to or from Heart of Gold International Short Film Festival for quality control and systems administration.
Maintenance of personal information
- Access and request updates to the personal information that you have given to us
change your consent to disclosure.
- Take all reasonable steps ensure and maintain the accuracy of your personal information
- Dispose your personal information when it is no longer needed.
Making a complaint
If you believe we have breached your privacy and confidentiality, you may lodge a complaint in writing to:
PO Box 726
Gympie QLD 4570
We will investigate your complaint and provide you with a response. If you are not satisfied with the response, you may make a complaint to the Queensland Privacy Commissioner.